Saturday, July 3, 2010

2010 Summer Adventure - Day 2

We spent the night at the Mushroom Cap Motel in Mesick, MI and had breakfast at Sparks Restaurant. The motel was great - dated, but well worth the 30 minute drive into town and the $80/night we were saving compared to the cheapest motel I could find in Traverse City. Breakfast was absolutely delicious and I definitely recommend Sparks if you happen to find yourself in the middle of Northern Lower Michigan. They had some of the best homemade jam I've ever tasted in my life and we picked up a jar of raspberry to take home with us. After breakfast, we headed into Traverse City to enjoy the main thing we're in town for - the National Cherry Festival Airshow.

The airshow was great as always and Gina and I enjoyed watching it with my best friend Rob, who we met up there. We sat out on the beach and got plenty of sun as the Blue Angels tore the sky apart. Traverse City really has to be one of the best venues for the Blues - it's always an awesome sight to see the way they come tearing over the hills and across the bay. I'll have more photos from the airshow up on here at some point in the future, so you'll have to make do with this brief video I made for now.

Some clips from the airshow - click the YouTube logo to view in full HD


Gina and I, along with Rob and his dad, drove out to the airport in the evening for an event Northwestern Michigan College was hosting. They had some of the airshow pilots speaking along with some aircraft on static display. I didn't have my camera with me so I don't have photo evidence but I must mention a very nice yellow Cub on floats they had on the tarmac. We all enjoyed the free brats and chips for dinner there and then headed to Bardon's Wonder Freeze for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment