Monday, August 6, 2012

Too nice an evening to not be flying

Plane: Cessna 150
Route: 40I, Local 
Weather: Clear, 83 degrees, wind 290 degrees at 3 knots

Look at that weather listed above. I honestly don't even need to write a post, do I? This was one of those nights any pilot loves - great visibility, comfortable temperatures, and light winds.


Ideally it would've been a Cub night but - if you read what I just said - you might imagine I wasn't the only one with those thoughts. And you would be correct. So even though the fun yellow plane was already reserved I had to figure out some way to take to the sky. Tiny Cessna to the rescue!

By the time I got to the airport, there was only about an hour before sunset. Honestly, I just wanted to get up and enjoy the sunset from the air. With nowhere to go and limited time, I figured I might as well just stay in the pattern and practice a few takeoffs and landings.


So that's what I did. Regular. Short field. Simulated engine-out. Just the basics while enjoying the wonderful view from the air. About the only thing that could've been better is if the winds were out of the east - then I wouldn't have been landing directly into the sun. But who am I to complain? It was a great night to fly.

Flight Track: Google Earth KMZ File 
Today's Flight: 0.5 hours
Total Time: 226.3 hours

2 comments:

  1. Great to knock out landings with such a beautiful backdrop.....very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - simple flying on a great night. It's been quite fall-like in terms of weather here lately and that means tons of awesome days to take to the sky.

      Delete