Monday, September 10, 2012

Shooting approaches with Mike

Plane: Cessna 182 RG
Route: MGY, Local (Approaches at ILN)
Weather: Clear, 73 degrees, wind calm

It was a gorgeous night out and my friend Mike, who's finishing up his Instrument training, wanted to shoot some approaches. We decided to meet at Wright Brothers around 6:30 - I beat him there by a few minutes and opened up the hangar. After a quick preflight, we launched into the sky. That plane's got some nice get up and go with half-full tanks, two people, and cool air!

Looking back at Wright Brothers Airport after takeoff

Flying past by a bunch of hot air balloons

Final approach for Runway 4L at Wilmington Air Park

He ended up shooting two approaches at Wilmington Air Park; an NDB and a GPS for Runway 4L. It's interesting to see just how non-precise a non-precision NDB approach really is! I kept my eyes peeled for traffic but the sky was ours, save for a CareFlight helicopter that passed through at one point. We flew over Stewart on our way home then landed just past sunset.

Today's Flight: 0.7 hours (SIC)
Total Time: 237.6 hours

1 comment:

  1. Problem: HP Printer not connecting to my laptop.

    I had an issue while connecting my 2 year old HP printer to my brother's laptop that I had borrowed for starting my own business. I used a quick google search to fix the problem but that did not help me.

    I then decided to get professional help to solve my problem. After having received many quotations from various companies, i decided to go ahead with Online Tech Repair (www.onlinetechrepairs.com).

    Reasons I chose them over the others:
    1) They were extremely friendly and patient with me during my initial discussions and responded promptly to my request.
    2) Their prices were extremely reasonable.
    3) They were ready and willing to walk me through the entire process step by step and were on call with me till i got it fixed.

    How did they do it
    1) They first asked me to state my problem clearly and asked me a few questions. This was done to detect any physical connectivity issues with the printer.
    2) After having answered this, they confirmed that the printer and the laptop were functioning correctly.
    3) They then, asked me if they could access my laptop remotely to troubleshoot the problem and fix it. I agreed.
    4) One of the tech support executives accessed my laptop and started troubleshooting.
    5) I sat back and watched as the tech support executive was navigating my laptop to spot the issue. The issue was fixed.
    6) I was told that it was due to an older version of the driver that had been installed.

    My Experience
    I loved the entire friendly conversation that took place with them. They understood my needs clearly and acted upon the solution immediately. Being a technical noob, i sometimes find it difficult to communicate with tech support teams. It was a very different experience with the guys at Online Tech Repairs. You can check out their website www.onlinetechrepairs.com or call them on 1-914-613-3786.
    Would definitely recommend this service to anyone who needs help fixing their computers.
    Thanks a ton guys. Great Job....!!

    ReplyDelete