Friday, April 8, 2011

A dream for many GA pilots: flying an L-39

Todd over at My Flight Blog recently had an incredible opportunity. He was able to go flying with Gauntlet Warbirds in an Aero L-39 Albatros, the Czech trainer that has become somewhat of a regular on the airshow circuit. In his 45 minutes in the air, they burned over 100 gallons of Jet A and I don't think I need to even say that it was worth every penny.
You can read his full post about the flight here. I hate roller coasters, but still... color me jealous!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this experience with your readers. It was an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem... it's awesome AND it's good aviation content while I'm out on the road! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to fly an L-39, and even looked into buying one - that is until my wife got wind of it!

    Great video - enjoyed it a lot!

    Wonder what Elrey B. Jeppesen would think of all this technology today?

    JetAviator7

    All Things Aviation

    ReplyDelete